Saturday, November 14, 2009

Demo Review - Star Trek D-A-C


So I was excited to see a new Star Trek game. My hopes were high while I downloaded the demo on my PS3. I should have known better, really.

Imagine my disappointment when it turns out to be Super Stardust HD, only repackaged with different things to shoot.

Yes there's a co-op mode, and a few other things that Stardust doesn't have, but in general the control scheme is the same and all you do is fly around and shoot things in an asteroids style game.

Like I said, I should have known better.

There is no strategy, no thought. Part of what I loved about Star Trek was the the cerebral part, mixed with ship battles. In fact you could do much better by allowing most of the ship battles to be automated and work on the missions. Worth a download, but not worth the money.

Scores:
  • Explosions - Yes
  • Controls - OK
  • Rating - 5/10
  • Get the Demo - Meh.
  • Get the Game - No

No comments:

Post a Comment

We reserve the right to remove any comment that is deemed offensive.

Post responsibly.

 
Real Time Web Analytics