Monday, June 28, 2010

A Trip to Vienna (and back) Pt 2


This is part 2 of a 3 part series of gaming and entertainment on the go.

So last time I talked about flights and decision process for a hand held entertainment system. I didn't talk much about the system I settled on. So let's run down the features:
  • MP3 Player
  • Voice Note Recorder
  • Text File Reader (with text to speech)
  • FM Radio
  • Picture Viewer
  • Video Player
  • Native Apps
  • Emulators
You read that correctly, this little device emulates systems like:
  • Nintendo
  • Super Nintendo
  • Gameboy Color
  • Gameboy Advanced
  • Genesis
  • Neo Geo
  • CPS 1/2
While there are legal questions around ROMs, it certainly can serve as a cheap way to entertain yourself.

Did I mention this little device also has TV out? It can do NTSC and PAL (too bad my TV here doesn't have any RCA ports) so it should work just about anywhere in the world.

As for the video, I use MythTV to create iPod compatible videos. Those videos are completely compatible with the A320. This turns out be quite useful when sitting alone at a bar in a foreign country.

So the device has 4 gigabytes of internal storage and SDHC support so up to 64 gigabytes of extra storage. I happen to have an eight gigabyte SD card in it meaning a total of 12 gigabytes of storage. I was able to put on before leaving 17+ hrs of TV (all on the internal storage) and movies for another 20+ hrs of entertainment. I actually ran out of videos to add rather than space. As I said this is a powerful device.

I'll be finishing up this series of posts once I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Dude that is totally sick , I want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends at thinkgeek are ready to hook you up:
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd6f/

    Better price than Amazon.

    ReplyDelete

We reserve the right to remove any comment that is deemed offensive.

Post responsibly.

 
Real Time Web Analytics